DR. SUSAN F. HUDACHEK is a patent agent with technical expertise in the areas of biotechnology and pharmaceuticals. Her practice focuses on all aspects of domestic and foreign patent prosecution as well as due diligence reviews, valuation of patents and technologies, and strategic management of patent portfolios.
Prior to commencing her legal career, Susan completed a postdoctoral fellowship at Colorado State University's Animal Cancer Center, during which she was funded by the Department of Defense's Breast Cancer Research Program to study population-based predictions of potential drug interactions in adjuvant breast cancer therapy. Susan earned both a Master of Science and Doctorate from the Cell and Molecular Biology Program at Colorado State University with focuses on basic as well as translational science. For these degrees, her research encompassed seasonal, tissue-specific regulation of AKT/protein kinase B and glycogen synthase in hibernators and ovine pulmonary adenocarcinoma as an animal model for human lung adenocarcinoma respectively.
She currently specializes in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in cell and molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, microbiology, immunology, virology, diagnostic methods and devices, and therapeutic methods and devices.
United States Patent and Trademark Office
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, 2007, Doctor of Philosophy
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, 2003, Master of Science
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, 2000, Bachelor of Science
Patent Valuation Analyst, Practicing Law Institute, 2015
- “Coadministration of lapatinib increases exposure to docetaxel but not doxorubicin in the small intestine of mice” Anticancer Drugs. (2013)
- “Incorporation of ABCB1-mediated transport into a physiologically-based pharmacokinetic model of docetaxel in mice” J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. (2013)
- “Physiologically based pharmacokinetic model of lapatinib developed in mice and scaled to humans” J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. (2013)
- “Plasma concentrations and behavioral, antinociceptive, and physiologic effects of methadone after intravenous and oral transmucosal administration in cats” Am J Vet Res. (2011)
- “Evaluation of the ocular penetration of topical alpha-luminol (Galavit®/GVT®)” Vet Ophthalmol. (2011)
- “Customized in silico population mimics actual population in docetaxel population pharmacokinetic analysis” J Pharm Sci. (2011)
- “Lung tumor development and spontaneous regression in lambs coinfected with Jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus and ovine lentivirus” Vet Pathol. (2010)
- “Population pharmacokinetic model of PI-88, a heparanase inhibitor” Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. (2009)
- “Fat-cell mass, serum leptin and adiponectin changes during weight gain and loss in yellow-bellied marmots (Marmota flaviventris)”, J Comp Physiol B. (2004)
- “Seasonal, tissue-specific regulation of Akt/protein kinase B and glycogen synthase in hibernators”, Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. (2004)